Elegy of heart



 And people ask, "Is it really that hard for you to trust?"

Smiling, thinking not just once, maybe twice

or even trice, could be even on the 5th try


'Coz I once trust someone,

Someone who said if a person really loves you, 

would make it through...for you...

But then, left me -

Without even a clue


Someone who said if I was theirs, 

would never let me go,

But then...

Pushes me away


Someone who promised to dance with me 

in the rain,

But that was my bad, 

I thought he would also dance with me in the storm


Someone told me I was a blessing to have,

That I am a gift,

an answered prayer,-

Only to know he is ungrateful


Someone said that communication is a key, 

thank God they left their locks open,

But well, not for communication-

but for isolation.


Someone told me they like me,

They want me, 

But never have I ever heard,

that they Love me


Someone told me that conversations about my feelings

should not end in arguments,

ended up being blinded by the light of my love,

blind to see the gaslight and manipulations upfront


I become confused in my own thoughts, feelings, and emotions


I got lost in my own place, 

and that was, --

loved, to call--

my home. 


Now talk to me about trust. 

Mga Komento

Kilalang Mga Post